Reconstruction of Jalapa School, Khotang
Reconstruction of Jalapa Lower Secondary School
Pipaldanda, Khotang district
* Village Development Committee.
* District Development Committee.
* District Education Committee.
* Local community and the internal resources of the school.
COST: (in US Dollars)
* HeNN contribution: 4,000
* Internal resources of the school: 67
* Village Development Committee: 2,667
* District Development Committee: 2,667
* Donation collection: 400
* Voluntary labour contribution worth: 934
* Total: 10,735
Shree Jalapa Lower Secondary School at Pipaldanda, Baksila, Ward No 2 in Khotang district has around 300 students, including 134 girls. There are 8 teachers.
The school was constructed by mud and stone with the roofing of zink sheet 9 years ago. The school was in a dire need of renovation.
Khotang Sewa Samaj, a local charity, which HeNN had helped in the past and had found extremely reliable and committed, approached us for support. The Samaj wanted to reconstruct a 10-room building for the school, which was completed in 2008.