HeNN’s Earthquake Relief Effort Update (May 14, 2015)
Dear Help Nepal Network members and supporters worldwide,
As you know, a second earthquake measuring 7.3 on the Richter scale, struck Nepal on Tuesday of this week (May 12th). We had deployed a number of teams in various parts of Nepal to distribute relief materials, but all have been accounted for and are safe.
The building that houses our operational headquarters in Chabahil, Kathmandu has been deemed unsafe for continued use, and despite the second earthquake, our Nepal team has been preparing and coordinating relief efforts from an open yard nearby.
As of yesterday, we had provided relief to 144 villages/areas.
On the fundraising front, we have currently raised approximately US $430,000 in HNN’s Earthquake Relief Fund from our global fundraising efforts.
Here is the Activity Report for Tuesday May 12th and 13th. Our team deployed the following relief materials:
Tuesday, May 12th, 2015
1. Khurkot VDC Ward No. 2, Dhading. Medication and Sanitary Supplies. In Partnership with Urban Youth for Rural Children.
2. Bhotsipa VDC, Ward no. 4,5,6,7,8,9, Sindhupalchowk. Food Supplies.
3. Khaniyapani VDC, Ward no. 9, Ramechhap. Food Supplies, Medication, Mosquito Nets and Sanitary Products. In partnership with Manav Dharma Tatha Shanti Samajh.
4. Thulopakhar VDC, Sindhupalchowk. Mosquito Nets, Medication and Sanitary Products. In partnership with Sansarimai Samudayik Adhyayan Kendra.
Wednesday, May 13th, 2015
1. Dhuwakot, Dhading. Food Supplies, Medication and Sanitary Supplies. In Partnership with Accountability Lab.
2. Dhuwachaur VDC,Ward no. 9. Mosquito Nets, Food Supplies, Medication, Plastic Tents & Sanitary Products.
3. Bhimeshwor Municipality, Dolakha Bazaar, Dolakha. Mosquito Nets, Food Supplies, Medication, Plastic Tents, Sanitary Supplies.
4. Basak VDC, Gorkha. Mosquito Nets, Food Supplies, Medication, Plastic Tents and Sanitary Supplies. In partnership with Help Barpak Foundation Nepal.
5. Thaprek & Ratmate VDC, Nuwakot. Mosquito Nets, Food Supplies, Medication and Sanitary Supplies. In partnership with Rural Development & Empowerment Center
6. Deusa VDC, Solukhumbu. Plastic Tents.
7. Narjamandap VDC, Ward no. 4, Nuwakot. Mosquito Nets, Medication and Sanitary Supplies. In partnership with Sapta Kanya Krishi Samuha.
8. Dudhpokhari VDC, Ward no. 1-9, Dolakha. Medication and Sanitary Supplies. In partnership with Sailung Adhyayan Kendra.
If you have any questions about our Nepal operations, please contact our head of operations in Nepal, Arun Singh Basnet (mobile phone: +977-9851070860, Email: email@example.com).
Volunteers in Nepal, please contact our Communications and Coordination Center — Roshendra Khadka (mobile phone: +977-9851166111, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
We continue to be extremely grateful for everyone’s support. If you have any suggestions, please let us know.
On behalf of Help Nepal Network,