HeNN’s Earthquake Relief Effort Update (May 4, 2015)
Dear Help Nepal Network members and supporters worldwide,
We have raised approximately US $300,000 in HNN’s Earthquake Relief Fund, and additional funds are continuing to come in.
Here is the Activity Report for Saturday, May 2nd and Sunday, May 3rd:
Our team deployed the following relief materials:
May 2nd, 2015:
1. Kauli Dobhan, Sindupalchowk. Food and sanitation supplies. In partnership with B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Science / Club 25 Nepal.
2. Sunakhani, Sindupalchowk. Food, medication, sanitation supplies.
3. Jymandi, Deurali, Kavre. Food, tents, sanitation supplies, chlorine tablets. In partnership with Deurali Sports Club.
4. Fatakshila, Sindupalchowk. Food, tents, over-the-counter medication, sanitation supplies. In collaboration with ARCN Nepal.
5. Raipole, Gorkha. Food, medication, tents. In partnership with Olive Nepal.
6. Panchkhal, Kavre. Tents.
7. Jitpur, Panchayat, Tents. In partnership with Manchester City Nepal Trust
8. Thulophakhar, Sindhupalchowk. Sanitation supplies, medication, tents. In partnership with Project A Studio.
9. Langtang, Rasuwa. Medication. Airlifted with helicopter provided by Nepal Army.
10. Bhendachar, Sindupalchowk. Food and medication. In partnership with Nepalese Army Institute of Health and Science.
May 3rd, 2015:
1. Sindhupalchok, Sangachok (Sukuti and Majhi Gaun). Food, sanitation supplies and medication for 120 household / 500 people.
2. Melamchi, Sindhupalchok. Sanitation supplies for approximately 200 households. In partnership with Patan Youth Fellowship.
3. Pedku 6,7, Sindhupalchok. Food and sanitation supplies for approx. 65 households. In partnership with Commitment for Achievement Nepal.
4. Pokhara (as a base for the surrounding region). Medical supplies.
5. Kalche, Nuwakot. Sanitation supplies. In partnership with Youth Today.
6. Kartali, Sindhupalchok. Medication and sanitation supplies. In partnership with Listeners Club Nepal.
7. Daduwa, Ramthok, Khatrithok, Harre – Sindhupalchowk. Food, medication and sanitation supplies. In partnership with BPKIHS
8. Simthali, Kavre. Plastic tents, medication and sanitation suppliers benefitting approx. 2,500 households. In partnership with Simthali Society Reform Club (SIREC).
9. Nuwakot. Sanitation supplies and medication. In partnership with the LIONS Club of KTM (Samriddhi).
10. Melamchi-1,2 (Shikharapur), Sindhupalchowk. Medication for 250 households. In partnership with Namuna Mahila Bikash Saving & Credit.
11. Tupche, Nuwakot. Medication and sanitation supplies for 600 households. In partnership with Beam of Hope (Teaching Hospital interns).
Any questions about our operations, please contact head of our operations in Nepal, Arun Singh Basnet (mobile phone: +977-9851070860, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Volunteers in Nepal, please contact our Communications and Coordination Center. Roshendra Khadka (mobile phone: +977-9851166111, Email: email@example.com).
We continue to be extremely grateful for everyone’s support. If you have any suggestions, please let us know.
On behalf of Help Nepal Network,
Chair, HNN USA